Sunday, February 21, 2010

My first blog ever!

Okay so this whole blogging thing is new to me, but I thought it would be a great opportunity to share my experiences here in Venezuela and its also somewhat cathartic to be able to write and think in English.

A couple of things, I would love to be able to put up my own pictures with this blog. However, I no longer have a camera, so I will try my best to get pictures from other places to give you guys a visual on life here in Maracaibo.

I've been in Venezuela for over 7 months now! It hasn't seemed that long at all, but I definitely know that I'm a different person now than I was 7 months ago. I guess I should give some background for those of you who don't know why I'm in Venezuela. While studying at UNC, I became a Christian and from the beginning I was really interested in missions and God just led me through this process of knowing Him more and before going on my first mission trip, I knew that it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I had originally planned to go to the Philippines, my other homeland; however, it did not work out for me financially. So, my roommate invited me on a mission trip to Venezuela. It was a once in a lifetime experience and further cemented my desire to go into the mission field. On the trip, I also met my future husband, Hebert. Something that I definitely was not planning to happen. However, God always has other plans than our own. So, here I am now a couple of years later living and working in Maracaibo, Venezuela for La Iglesia Bautista Pueblo Escogido. My husband and I are currently working on missions training at our church as well as working on short-term mission trips with several teams from the US.

I will write soon with a new post!

Que Dios les bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment