I know its been a while since I last posted, so I have a lot to catch up on. It has been a busy month for Hebert and I. Early May we spent about a week and a half in a town two hours outside of Maracaibo called, Menegrande. It reminded me a lot of home, it had beautiful mountain views and it was a little bit cooler than Maracaibo most days. We were asked to intrepret for a team coming from Tennessee to work with several churches there. Overall, it was a great trip and I met some life-long friends. I loved working with the team. They were a lot of fun and it was amazing to be able to talk with other Americans. I learned a lot about guns and hunting that week. I mentioned to one of my best friends that after that trip I felt like I had learned even more about my Southern culture here in Latin America :) No matter how far away I am, the South is always with me. There were two boys on the trip Matthew and Michael, if I remember correctly they're 9 and 11 years old. I was just speechless to see how enthusiastic and passionate these young boys were about missions, God's word, and loving on people. Matthew, who is nine years old, is already writing and preaching sermons. They are probably the most amazing gringo kids I have ever met, thanks to their awesome mom who I was always blessed to meet. It was such an encouragement to spend time with her. God knew that was what I needed, to spend time with a woman truly after His heart.
After the trip to Menegrande we have been working on preparations for a mission team from First Baptist Church of Alpharetta. They will be working in Venezuela from June 5th to the 12th. Please be praying for this team and for the communities we will be working with. We will be working on construction, finishing a community building near our church as well as a water plant. We hope to finish our pastor's office. As far as I know he has never had an office in all of his years as pastor and he is the most humble man I have ever met in my life, so he more than deserves this. In the evenings we will be having carnivals and we will be distributing bags of groceries to families living around the city landfill.
I hope that you are all doing well. If you have the time send me an e-mail and let me know how you are doing or if there's anything that Hebert and I can be praying for. Love you all and miss you too :) Dios les bendiga!
Kathleen,
ReplyDeleteI'm "new" to your blog, but have been blessed to read about your experiences and view your photos. Will be praying for FBCA group (June 5-12) and would like to ask a favor of you. :-) When they arrive and have had time to get acquainted and "settled in," could you please locate Carol Bailey and give her the biggest HUG you can muster? :-) I'm a long time overdue in visiting with her "in person", so I wanted to send her something special as a "surprise" from Arkansas. Tell her Pat Rains is praying for her and is thankful to have a "sister" ministering to folks in Venezuela. May God abundantly bless your time together with this wonderful group of witnesses.
I will be more than glad to send Carol your love. She is absoulte blessing to everybody that she meets! Thank you so much for your prayers! May God bless you and your family!
ReplyDelete