Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Miracles do happen + Video+ Christmas Lights +Thanksgiving

Just a quick update on Chet, he is doing so much better.  This past weekend was really hard on my family, they took him off of the ventilator, and were expecting the worse; however, yesterday he started breathing on his own, he woke up and was asking for a strawberry milkshake.  So, I was really happy to hear that this morning, but please continue to be praying for him and for my family.

Also, Hebert made a video of our trips this summer with the church, check it out if you want.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqIYB3B3DK4


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!  Please enjoy some cranberry sauce for me....and to my family enjoy the pumpkin roll!  I always miss my family on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Those are the hardest days to be away and I'm sure I will cry at least once if not more on those days.  However, I will be having a fun Thanksgiving this year.  Tomorrow, I will be cooking a small Thanksgiving dinner for Hebert and I.  I've already decided to make roasted chicken w/ gravy, creamed corn, a potato and broccoli casserole, and pumpkin pie. On Saturday, all of Hebert's family is getting together to celebrate Thanksgiving by having a potluck dinner. 

  
So, last night Hebert and I went to go see the Christmas lights in downtown Maracaibo.  There's a famous street that is lit up with lights and Christmas decorations all leading to the finale, which is a giant lighted statue of their patron saint, La Chinita, you can walk underneath and take pictures and there's a bridge beside it where you can go up and take more pictures.  My mom would love this; however, I could care less for the La Chinita lights.  My favorite part of the Christmas lights was called the north pole where they had the penguins from Madagascar, polar bears (my favorite), and snowmen.  They also had a part dedicated to Toy story 3, and to Gaita very popular music from Zulia, the state where Maracaibo is in.  It was a lot of fun to get out of the house, test out the crutches, and get into the Christmas spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment