I volunteered to be one of the teachers, knowing well enough that the kids in Venezuela are a lot harder to control than the kids in the US. However, I am glad I stepped up to the challenge, it was a lot of fun. I was able to get closer to the youth who were the other teachers, and to know more children from our community as well.
The Pastor's wife, Miriam, and I were in charge of "manualidades" or crafts. We saw all 70 kids daily, they rotated in zones, we colored, cut, and glued. However, the highlight of the week was a little boy named Hassan. He's 4 and and a firecracker. He spent most of the day running around the church with a teacher trying to chase him down. He bit and left teethmarks on several of the teachers and almost pulled out a chunk of my hair. Let's just say he was the infamous child of the week. I found out that by speaking to him in English he was confused into stillness - sure kept me from getting bit...hahaha!
This weekend, we also started working in the area of our future church plant. I really love the young family we are working with they are very passionate about serving God. They also live in this community and do an awesome job ministering to their neighbors. They've also started a discipleship process with some couples in their neighborhood. Many of them came to the service and we all enjoyed getting to know each and every one. There is no church in this neighborhood, so there is a lot of interest.
Please be praying for this new church plant and for the young couple we work with, Steven and Durleis.
No comments:
Post a Comment